A roundup/summary of possible medications:
- Topical metronidazole (brand name Metrogel, 1%) (also available in Xin Fumanling Cream, XFcream, 3%, and also includes some herbs)
- Oral metronidazole (brand name Flagyl)
- Topical ivermectin (brand name: Soolantra, 1% cream, new med, not widely available yet) (another brand name: Sklice, 0.5% lotion for the head, used for head lice)(also available for animals)
- Oral ivermectin (brand names: Stromectol, for rosacea) (brand name for animals: Heartgard, pill form) (brand name for animals: Ivomec, 1% injectable liquid, used by some people as a topical for themselves), (brand name: Mectizan, Ivexterm and Scabo 6)-Zhongzhou Zinc oxide and sublimed sulphur ointment, also known as ZZ Cream.
- Topical permethrin cream/lotion
- Topical crotamiton