Hi from France

Hi Raju, thanks for sharing!

I’m also allergic to dust mites. I also had the oozing yellow crusts a couple of times in my nose, but just a few times compared to the face. And also had a blister like bubble (bulla) a few times.

Yes, demodex is able to carry staph as a vector, according to some studies.
My skin swabs (nose, throat, perineum) where negatively tested for staph. But staph/mrsa is known to be a very persistent bacteria, and a global worldwide threat.
Just a possibility: staph may be able to go inside the moisturizer and colonize, so that you may be constantly applying staph when using the moisturizer. For this reason, a moisturizer that has a dispensing pump, may be safer/more hygienic. The same even counts for soap. For example, there have been hospital staph outbreaks due to cleaning staff who didn’t clean the soap flacons but simply filled it with soap again. (Soap doesn’t kill bacteria, it’s only able to flush them away more easily. But since there was no flushing, they stayed inside, colonized, and spread to everyone who used soap.)

In my case, I haven’t seen clear negative effects from using a moisturizer, only positive effects: it keeps the skin hydrated/healthy, and often reduces itch, which reduces scratching.

I don’t have gut problems, although misfit108 (another member) did mention it.

Some questions:
-did the antibiotic treatment (doxycycline, fucidine) had any effect?
-have you been tested positive for staph using skin swabs?
-did the doctor performed a skin biopsy?
-how much does it look a lot like the photos in: What does it look like? (photos) or more like http://www.pcds.org.uk/ee/images/made/ee/images/uploads/clinical/pictures-of-impetigo-face_600_416_70_http:www.pcds.org.ukeeassetsimgwatermark.gif_0_0_80_r_b_-5_-5_.jpg ?
-how often do you get new ones?
-do you have skin problems on the scalp? (like kind of acne, or mild scalp folliculitis) (which I have, but don’t know about others)

Yes, I think the anti demodex treatment would be a good choice to try: the use of Soolantra (topical ivermectin) with optionally oral metronidazole and oral ivectin to be more effective.