Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

Yes, I wash my face only with tap water, without soap. And than Cetaphil to moisturize and protect. Cetaphil is more greasy than Cerave, has no smell compared to Cerave, and maybe last longer on the skin. (Cerave PM is also supposed to have no smell, but somehow, mine gave an unpleasant chemical acidic smell.) Cerave feels like it’s getting in the the skin, whereas Cetaphil feels like a bit of a greasy protected layer. The greasiness is cosmetically maybe unwanted, but it’s not very greasy.

But I don’t know if you can simply stop using Soolantra and switch over to Cetaphil. In my case, Soolantra did lower the lesions/problem a lot, but it didn’t stop the problem completely. It was after using Sudocrem Sudocrem saved me! for a few days that I’m almost like 100% cleared. (I say “almost” because I sometimes do see very small lesions, but they are rare, small and doesn’t really ooze, even though they look similar to the lesions.) I think after Sudocrem, I started using Cetaphil continously to keep the skin heathly and protected. But Cetaphil by itself probably isn’t able to remove/combat the lesions (whereas Sudocrem possibly does, like Soolantra), it possibly does provide/maintain protection.

So in my case, it’s unclear what exactly made me clear. Maybe there is some other factor that I’m unaware of. But if Soolantra is helping but isn’t fixing the problem to near 100%, than it may be worth trying to use Sudocrem. And than, Cetaphil to maintain and protect. (Not sure if I can replace Cetaphil with any moisturizer.)