Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

Good to hear that it is also working for you.
I think I could use one tube of 30g for about 2-3 months, when applying it daily. If I’m correct, @misfit108 even uses a tube for longer periods. So you could try to apply a bit less. Or maybe dampen the face a bit with water before applying it, then Soolantra spreads more easily over the face.

I recommend doing some self-tests. I really found that applying a very, VERY small amount just between my eyebrows and down the sides of my nose keeps my whole face clear. So, using that small amount, I made the 30g tube last 18+ months. And I use it every OTHER day. If you use that stuff liberally, it is going to be very expensive. I just bought my second tube recently and it was $400! But at least I accrued enough points at my pharmacy for the purchase to get a free pack of gum, so there’s always a silver lining in everything!

i started having them since i was 23 or around so. not sure why they appeared and what triggers them. iam currently 34 and still having them. that’s more than 10 years! i thought that they are going to disappear by this age, they haven’t. despite all of those creams, hgh, lotions etc. that i have spent lots of money on trying to make them disapear. thanks for some new advises that i’ve seen here through your posts. do you mind if i would have other questions for you ? thanks!

Welcome Hishists! Feel free to ask any question, that why we are here :slight_smile:
You should give Soolantra a try, it helps a lot of people here.

The tube of rosiver I get is 60g and it lasted me about 18 months. I think if you’re getting through 30g in a few weeks then you are using a lot. Misfit is using even less than me and it’s still effective. I’m going to cut down to see if any lesions appear. So far I’m pretty much 100% clear using every second day.

Oh, and I’m using cerave after showering when I don’t use rosiver.

Hey,

So in the end I used two 30g tubes of Soolantra, using about half a fingertip measurement every morning. Once the second tube was done I just stopped completely and I haven’t had a lesion since, it’s been a few days over a month now. I was getting them every couple of days before so I’m SO happy!
Fingers crossed it stays this way. I’m planning on going to my next derm apt and asking for another prescription for a tube just incase they ever crop back up.

That’s great Danniella. Really pleased for you. Keep us posted.

I’ve not is used Rosiver for about 2 weeks now and all is good.

24 days since i used Rosiver. Still clear.

1 Like

Please keep updating us. Like to see folks heading towards remission.

Still no lesions at all since using Soolantra. (Nearly 3 months ago) Honestly it’s been life changing! So glad I found this forum

1 Like

this sounds good! i have been suffering this for about 4months.i get really bad rashes and oozing on my face everyday that I need to put hydrocortisone cream twice a day.i think I am going to give soolantra a try.

Hi all,

I believe I have this skin condition. I’m 31 and around 1 and half months ago I noticed a large spot forming between my eyebrows, thinking it was a regular spot ( I used to get the odd big one every 4 months or so) I squeezed it when I thought it was ready. Big Mistake… It oozed what only can be described as a yellow/orangey liquid which used up two pieces of loo roll and still kept going. I let it dry which it did pretty rapidly but the colour was something else and it dried as a big cluster, itching like mad.

I booked an appointment with the GP around a week later and by that point it was a crusty yellowish scab, I tried explaining what it was like when it formed but they diagnosed Impetigo and prescribed fusidic acid. The fusidic acid to be fair cleared it up within around 3 days and I continued to use it for around a week after to be sure it had gone. However it has come back with a vengeance in the last few days, 1 and half months later, same place as last time, it has also made an appearance on my nose as well… Which I just want itch so badly.

I went to the doctors yesterday and they’ve prescribed me with Metronidazole which I need to use for the next 6 weeks, having now found this website however I’ve gone and ordered Soolantra online which is around £40 in the UK.

Once I’m the Soolantra I’ll provide updates on my results… Watch this space. Fingers crossed!

Good news is, you are not alone. That’s the story of my life right there- dozens of different doctors telling me its impetigo and handing me creams and antibiotics. I spent 20 years of my life like that. Please chime in later on and let us know how the Soolantra helped. We’re hoping you get your face back.

About 54 days since I used rosiver. Still clear. I’m ensuring I continue to shower twice a day and wash my face really well. After washing i moisturize well using Cerave.

That’s quite remarkable. Now, a few questions. What makes it different- taking a full shower twice a day instead of taking an AM shower and just washing your face in the sink at night like a majority of us do? What soap do you use to wash your face? And does ‘washing it really well’ involve anything more than just rubbing soap on your hands and rubbing it around on your face? Are you applying to a wash cloth or anything else and grinding away at your face?

Inquiring minds want to know!

No grinding. Just use my hands and lather up the soap then continue for about 40 seconds working into face, head, hair, neck, ears, chest. I read somewhere that bacteria only get killed of after washing for this length of time. Sometimes i rub the bar on my head (my hair is really short). I use Dr Bonners bars or similar. It’s strange because before using rosiver this would have dried my skin out. Now i just apply a good amount of cerave moisturizer afterwards, including on my scalp, and my skin does not get dry or flakey. Even my dandruff has cleared up.

My thinking is that bacteria might be lurking on the body somewhere other than the face which is why i wash everywhere really well rather than just the face. It has the added advantage of never any body odor. Your partners will no doubt like that. :joy::joy:

Holy crap! There are other people suffering from this with me! A little info about myself:
I’m 38 years old, and a man. I was successfully able to escape puberty with exactly 4 zits throughout my entire adolescence (yes, I’m bragging). About a year and a half ago, I noticed a small pimple with a hard nodule attached to it, and once I brushed off that nodule it started oozing. I’ve been fighting this gross, crusty, oozing thing ever since. I’ve been to 3 separate dermatologists, been diagnosed with Acne Vulgaris and have had acne creams and washes thrown at me, but not a single dr has taken the time to actually listen to what I’m saying.
Reading through this forum I feel comfortable saying that I’m shocked. Shocked that this is CLEARLY affecting many people, but there isn’t a single clear diagnosis. WE’VE PUT PEOPLE ON THE MOON, BUT CAN’T DIAGNOSE A SKIN ISSUE!?!?
My mother in law gave my wife some Triamcinolone cream that seems like it helps (in that I’m taking some action against this enemy) but it feels like my skin has gotten thinner and less supple