Soolantra as spot treatment

Hi RecoverE,

My skin is doing fine since about Feb/Mar. Sometimes I do get bumps, but no oozing yellow lesions anymore.

The worsening that you experience could be the temporary breakout. You could try to reduce the amount of Soolantra, or maybe mix it a bit with Cetaphil.

There’s no clear diagnosis from dermatologists. In some users, dermatologists do detect bacteria like staph when performing bacteria culture, while others are negative. My last derm did a microscopy from a sample pustle (but I didn’t or barely had oozing lesions at that time due to Soolantra), and found a lot of leukocytes, some bacteria and no yeast. He suggested that cultures should be taken from active lesions. (Which happened only once in my case. Other dermatologists only took multiple samples from regular staph colonization sites, like throat, perineum and nose. But those were negative.)

If you’re clean again from Soolanta, you could try Sudocreme for some days/weeks:

(After I used Sudocrem in Februari, I haven’t seen any lesion anymore. Not sure if that can be contributed to Sudocrem.)

And continously use skin hydratation for maintenance: