Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

@misfit108 note that Soolantra did remove my eye lids problems (mild blepharitis) even though I wasn’t applying it on the eye lids.

@Dm78 doctors are probably reluctant about demodex treatments when the patient mentions demodex, because 1) they often don’t much/anything about it and 2) it’s pretty easy for a patient to blame demodex for a skin problem.
If your doctor isn’t easy in prescribing meds, than it may be easier to get a prescription when you only ask for Soolantra instead of Soolantra+oral ivermectin. Also note that oral ivermectin may not be very effective compared to oral metronidazole (although the later has more side effects). Also, Soolantra (topical ivermectin) may maybe also be more effective than oral ivermectin, although this is just a rough guess, but an oral med may not necessarily be better than a topical one.

To convince a doctor to prescribe Soolantra, I would try some argumentation like this:

1. We (you and the doctor) don’t know what it is (if the doctor cannot give a clear diagnosis), there may be multiple suspicions, but…
  2. nothing really worked; I have been given multiple prescriptions without any success
  3. but now I finally found a resource on the Internet that exactly matches the problems that I have, the photos are exactly the same, there stories are the same, which I haven’t seen before on other medical websites. The patients on that resource have seen dermatologists and those that have been given Soolantra/oral-ivermectin/oral-metrinodazole have a high success rate.
  4. I don’t know whether this will work for me, but given the large resemblance of what the other patients have described and shown, and the high success rate that they had, I would at least want to give it a try.

Maybe it’s even better to not mention demodex at all, because it may trigger alarm bells that the patient is simply blaming demodex for it, or that the patient has some mild form of delusional parasitosis.

For more info about the treatment, see The Best treatment