Accutane?

Has anyone tried accutane for this? I’m thinking about asking my doctor if I can try it. I’m so sick of having terrible skin :cry:

You’re using nuclear warfare when Soolantra will do the trick.

I was just too scared to go down the accutane route. Now I’m so relieved I didn’t. Soolantra (rosiver) was really the solution for me.

1 Like

Well, I have a doctors appointment on March 2 to ask about it.

I was on it as a teenager and it helped SO much with acne. I still go back and forth thinking that maybe this is just acne after all.

Sigh. I just can’t keep going like this. It’s been months now — since August 2019 — that my skin has been like this. I can’t take anymore of it.

Hello!

I have been waiting a while to post on here because I wanted to see how everything went.
After trying soooo many things, including Soolantra and many other suggestions from this forum I finally decided to try accutane.
I have a few friends who had great luck with if for regular acne so I thought I might as well give it a try.
I got married this month and I was so stressed about having an active or crusted over ooze on my wedding day. I want to say I started accutane 8 months ago and I just finished my last does this month. So far my face looks great!
Now that I’m no longer taking it, I will be monitoring my skin to see if I get any flare ups. It’s only been a few weeks so I really want to see how my face is in 3-6 monrhs and then I can give a new update.
So far though, I am extremely happy with my results. I didn’t have any of the super negative side effects that people worry about with accutane and my face was crystal clear for my wedding!
The side effects I did have was dryer skin and lips which wasn’t really too hard to deal with honestly, I just kept Vaseline or chapstick on me at all times. But other than that nothing bad. Everyone is different of course so talk to your dermatologist, but this was my experience.

Below is my skin right now, followed by a few older pictures of some ooze I had at various times.

2 Likes

can’t actually agree… my friend used Accutane with little to no effect… unfortunately

@oozy-suzy , how’s it going?

Hey! Eh, up and down. My problem did end up being acne, so it’s probably not much use to others here. But I increased my spironolactone dose, which helped a lot at first. I had mostly clear skin, but a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). So I started using hydroquinone. It helped at first, but lately it’s blocking my pores and causing breakouts. So, yeah, my skin is better than it was, but not … good. Not by any means. How are you?

Update: Unfortunately the crusties have returned, although not as frequent as before. Along with regular acne too which is annoying. I did start a new skin care routine using CeraVe products which keeps it at bay pretty well.
After stopping the Accutane my skin was good for awhile, then freaked out for a couple months and it’s now subsiding. One thing I am noticing now is it’s worse around my cycle then gets better about a week later.
I tried Soolantra before about 2-3 years ago and it didn’t work for me then, but I might give it another try depending on how my skin looks in a few months.
I’m honestly still happy I tried out Accutane so I could help people on this forum through my experience. On top of that the results I had when I was on it were fantastic. I had been so stressed and anxious thinking about having an oozy face on my wedding day, it was nice being confident that my face would be clear.

I’m great thanks. Still using Rosiver, very sparingly and enjoying life. I have kinda forgotten I even had this condition :grinning:

1 Like

@Mhcth2 How long did you use Soolantra for? For me, it took about 7 weeks of treatment for the lesions to stop oozing.

1 Like

In addition to what Col says, you also need to apply Soolantra to your complete face (except eye and mouth region) as a prevention. So you also need to apply it on healthy skin.

Hi Tso,

I actually have another update but I think I’ll need to post about it in another thread as it’s unrelated to Accutane. Things are going very well though!