Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

Hi,

I have this skin condition also, only on the right side of my face just above my facial hair to the side of my nose below my eye and also between my eyebrows. I am 35 and haven’t suffered from acne since I was 20 years of age.

Began: Jan 2016

I have been prescribed Dakacort Ointment, which is a miconazole nitratre and hydrocortisone steroid cream…it is effective at treating the oozing and swelling of skin when it happens but is not a cure and can thin the skin so I have to use it sparingly. I also use Daktarin cream which is similar but without the Hydrocortisone(steroid) so less damging to the skin.

I have noticed that if I over-eat the condition appears really bad the next day and is even worse when I eat spicy foods

Interestingly, the start of the condition coincides with when I moved into my new accommodation, which is poorly ventilated and mould tends to build up especially in the winter… I bought an ‘air purifier’ to tackle the mould (it has a UV light which is supposed to clear mould from the air that cycles through it) and because my room is also quite dusty… However I am not sure if it even does anything, I leave it running when i’m not at home and when I check the filter there’s no dust build up at all. It really is hard to know if it helps. In the summer I leave the window open as much as I can but we are on the ground floor so this is dangerous as I live in central London (where thievery was invented!!!).

These may or may not be related:
As well this condition I have had:
1. Very dry flaky skin (which may be why my room is so dusty)
2. Weird tasting/smelling mucus discharge in the back of my nose/mouth (not chronic it is intermittent)
3. Strange things going on with my stools/digestive system which I think might be fungus in my gut…
4. Fungal Infection on one of my toe nails… for which I am currently taking… Terbinafine

Aside from the Soolantra option I have tried a lot I feel with very little success… I will try and get my doctor to refer me to a Dermatologist or perhaps prescribe soolantra based on this forum, although GPs are very suspicious of the internet in general and especially on the NHS we have here in the UK they are reluctant to link my symptoms together the will treat each individually. I am now considering moving out of my current house as I feel it may be very hazardous to my health.

Hope this helps someone or that somone can help me,

Cheers,