Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

Personally, I’m to skeptical about homeopathy to even consider it to try.

But I did try other non-homeopathy topical treatments, such as ZZ-cream, sulphur, tea tree oil, bleach baths, sea buckthorn oil, neem oil, topical permethrin, topical crotamiton, face washes, water + washing mitt only, not washing at all, moisturizers, fusidic acid cream. I used some of these too short to make good conclusions. Some possibly gave breakouts, such as zz-cream/sulphur, washing mitts. Tea tree oil give me some irritated spots in the mouth corners, although there are people that report to have minor to good results with it, although not every skin is able to handle it. This also depends on concentration and the combined additional additives to reduce the concentration. (Don’t use a 100% solution, because that may be a heavy skin irritant.)

As you say, what makes it extra difficult is that it is unclear whether a worsening may be a sign of healing, or whether it is a bad reaction. It may be a sign of healing when the worsening is caused by dying mites that cause bacteria to be released or cause the immune system to heavily respond on the mite cells. But it may be bad when it caused by a response on the topical itself.

About Soolantra, those that report good results with it (two success stories so far), were also using metronidazole:

• User Firstman used: Soolantra with metronidazole, probably in oral form (waiting for confirmation on this).
  • A user from Germany used Soolantra + Stromectol (oral ivermectin) + oral metronidazole.

Note that both oral ivermectin and oral metronidazole are able to cause serious side effects in some cases: