What does it look like? (photos)

I did (do) not have cellulitis. I think you are talking about a quite different condition.

Hey,
So pretty much this whole year I have been free from my skin problem. It slowly went away after i tried soolantra again, this time applying it over my whole face and eyebrows (except where instructed on the manual not to use it such as lips) as my first tine trying soolantra did not really work (only applied it on areas where I had the skin problem )

However, after laying off the soolantra after the skin problem went away, it slowly crept back after 2 or 3 months.

What i did use this time was zovirax, a cream for herpes, just to see what would happen. I was getting a large lesion on my forehead so I used the cream, and I woke up the next morning with a lot of heads of pus where the lesion was. I cleaned the lesion and kept using the cream and it got rid of the lesion quite fast. It was barely noticeable on day 3 or 4 whereas without it that would take over 7 days to reach that point.

I got more of those lesions appearing on my cheek and used the cream and again it made them disappear very fast.

Its not herpes though because ive seen so many dermatologists and ive discussed it with them and theyve all said it is not that.

Perhaps its something viral as the cream is antiviral.

Just putting this out there incase anyone wants to try it or has tried it and can talk about their experience

Hi!
I have finally found someone who seems to suffer from the same thing as I do. I can’t find anything online that points to what the hell it is and honestly it destroys my self confidence when I get a reoccurrence of this. It happens every few months. Here are some pictures of mine I took tonight.

You can see how one is doing the ooze and the others are crusted and it’s super interesting how many heads appear to be under one of the crusted lesions.

If anyone has any tricks to treating these little bastards it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi welcome! Your skin problem looks very recognizable.
You should try topical ivermectin (Soolantra), it works for a lot of people here. See Effective treatments for more info and links.

I thought I’d add my own photos to the library we have here (including my worst outbreak)! I purchased some soolantra today - feeling hopeful

1 Like

Hello! My skin condition looks like EXACTLY the same! I am shocked by how my oozing crusts look alike yours! Off and on, It’s been 7 years now that I’m suffering by this unusual skin problem. I’ll try soolantra treatment tomorrow and let you know if it’s effective or not.

I really hope this issue will solve out asap for both of us;)

1 Like

It’s so great knowing you’re not alone! I’m on day 3 of soolantra! Trying to take photos daily to map my progress! I’ll make a post about it after maybe a month or two! Here’s hoping we can be cured!

2 Likes

How is it going?

I’ve just posted an update in a separate post :relaxed: