Ivermectin for horses/animals

Do you have any idea how long I should expect the initial outbreak to be? I’ve applied horse ivermectin to my face daily for the past 5 days and it hasn’t gotten better at all, at least from what I can tell.

Did it get worse, or no difference compared right before you started?
An initial outbreak could last maybe like 0 to 2 weeks, if I had to gues roughly.

Your skin problem looks like on this page What does it look like? (photos) right?
(The characteristics are: lessions that keeps oozing clear liquid for some time and forms yellow/orange crusts.)
For how long to you have this problem?

It’s gotten worse since I started ivermectin treatment on 11/16. My symptoms are pretty much exactly what you described. Open lesions on my cheeks and temples that ooze liquid that hardens into yellow crust. I had my first outbreak about a year ago and was on various antibiotics, steroids, and cremes. Like everyone else here the lesions cleared up briefly with each course of drugs but came right back shortlly after. I didn’t get any lesions for about 8 months between March and October and just got another outbreak about a week and a half ago. This is my first time trying ivermectin.

Congrats!!! How long did the ‘initial breakout’ period last?

Thank you :slight_smile:

So i just got my ivermectin (horse paste) and would like some tips on how to use it and how often should I use it?

I haven’t used it myself, but you could try to use it like Soolantra: http://www.galdermausa.com/pi/soolantrapi.pdf

Soolantra can be worn without others really noticing it. But I don’t know if the horse paste is visible. If so, than you could try to use it at home only. You could also try to add a moisturizer afterwards.

I just applied a little to a new lession I have but am I suppose to apply it directly on the lession or should I apply it to areas that normally get infected?

I also noticed I would get little break outs after I shower. I normally shower at night before I go to sleep and I have some what dry skin and when I would wake up I would have some small break outs. Some would just be regular pimples but 2 or 3 would be new lessions. So last night I put some moisturizer on after I showered and today I woke up with no new pimples or lessions. And last time my face was almost 99% clear was after I went out 3 nights in a row and moisturizer my face after each shower so I think that has a lot to do with my problems.

You should apply topical ivermectin all over your face, except the eye region and lips.

So, dry skin can cause acne/pimples. If your skin is dry (i.e. dehydrated) then it produces more oil and that can cause breakouts. Moisturizers helped me with my acne/pimple problems, and with overall greasiness of my face.

However, this problem, the lesions, are not related to acne. It’s an overgrowth of the normal demodex mites that live on our skin normally. The only thing that has helped me get rid of those lesions is the ivermectin cream.

It sounds like you might have a combo of acne/pimples and the demodex lesions happening. I hope a combo of moisturizers and ivermectin cream works for you!

Some reseachers have positive result with ivermectin to fight against the coronavirus in vitro. Ivermectin - Wikipedia
But the effective dose may be way too high to be suitable for humans.

On 10 April 2020, the FDA issued a warning for ivermectin intended for animals for the use for humans.
https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/fda-letter-stakeholders-do-not-use-ivermectin-intended-animals-treatment-covid-19-humans

FDA is concerned about the health of consumers who may self-medicate by taking ivermectin products intended for animals, thinking they can be a substitute for ivermectin intended for humans. People should never take animal drugs, as the FDA has only evaluated their safety and effectiveness in the particular animal species for which they are labeled. These animal drugs can cause serious harm in people. People should not take any form of ivermectin unless it has been prescribed to them by a licensed health care provider and is obtained through a legitimate source.

A difference with the use for COVID-19 is that people here use it topically instead of orally, and the dose is low. But it would be safer to use Soolantra instead, because it is tested on humans. But price-wise an animal form is cheaper. When using an animal form, have extra caution to avoid mouth and eye regions.