My thorough sum up!

I never had a depression, I think, even though this skin problem can be very depressive. But I’m a bit lucky that I can work a lot at home.

I think I had both. Sometimes is was more pimple like, other times it was swollen skin that started to break out.

I currently have a period of non-oozing lesions always between the mouth and chin. I’m still puzzling why it seems to be exclusively this area.

I had a rabbit before the skin problem, but I’m not sure how much time there was between the rabbit died and the skin problem. Could be like 2 years.

I also had blepharitis, which completely disappeared after starting with Soolantra.
I think my blepharitis was caused by demodex, because I examined one blepharitis pimpled eyelash under a microscope, and it contained multiple demodex mites, but a non-pimpled eyelash didn’t contain any.

I had a dog that often visited me, maybe 1 year before I first remembered to notice the skin problem. I did wonder about whether this could be related. (I think it’s more likely than the rabbit.)

Herpes can be tested with a blood test. I was negative.

I did check my face using a handheld skin microscope. I didn’t find many mites, it took some effort to find one by moving the microscope over my face.

Same for me.

Same for me.

Topical steroids are able to give a rebound effect (which I experienced myself), but I haven’t heard about a clear rebound effect of Soolantra before. In my case, stopping with Soolantra surprisingly didn’t result in a clear noticable increase within 1 or 2 months.

Have you tried using a moisturizer like Cetaphil (from the same company as Soolantra)? If you quit with Soolantra, you basically also quit with its moisturizer, because Soolantra contains it. Now that the environment outside is cold, the skin is more sensitive to problems. A moisturizer could maybe give some protection.

I haven’t noticed a clear relation with diet yet. But maybe one exist.
I’m doing intermittent fasting, and do think it improved my skin on my body.
Diet coke or milk may also give me non-oozing lesions, but I’m not fully sure.

I have non-oozing lesions between my mouth and chin, which I believe is related to the oozing lesions that I had. One hypothesis that I have (just an hypothesis/theory) is that it may be caused by bedding sheets. When it’s cold (like in the winter) I often pull the bedding sheets partially covering my face (the area below the nose). Maybe this is somehow causes skin problems. Maybe via laundry detergents, or it dries out the skin, or dust mite contact, or bacteria build up in the sheets, or the fabric itself is irritating.
So I currently try to sleep with sheets not going further than my shoulders, and I’m trying a different laundry detergent.

I was single when I had the problem for a long time, so in my case, I don’t think so.
But things like demodex and bacteria are transferred from person to person. Simply kissing someone on the cheek can transfer demodex. But demodex by itself doesn’t explain this problem, because almost everybody has demodex, and still only a few have this problem. There must be at least two factors involved, I think.

There was a time that I was drinking a lot of tea (like 2 liter per day), which increases fluorine intake. Lowering it didn’t seem to help. But not sure if I tested it well enough.

Sometimes I have irritated gums, maybe due to to hard brushing. But I think my oral health is fine, my gums seldom bleeth.

I don’t have this, other than allergies to dust mite, cats and some trees and grasses.

I have white composite fillings.

I have a clipper, but also used close shave in the past.

There are stories and photos on the Internet of people who got blue skin from those products. Better watch out when using it.

If you want to try a full elimination diet, then you should go for a meat-only diet. This is also called the carnivore diet. Here’s some more info about it: