Main topic - Oozing Yellow Crusts

@SBM I’m delighted for you!!! Let us know how tapering your use goes.I stopped Rosiver for 3 months a few years ago and the lesions returned so now I just use very sparingly on a daily basis. I also tried sudocream as @Tso seemed to have some success with it. Not sure it really helped me at all.

Hi all,
Just want to share my personal story.

Well to be totally honest with you my situation was getting better. I remembered I was really motivated to cure this condition. I followed this regime:

1. I ate very clean (balanced diet with a little bit of carbs, protein but mostly based on veggies and fruits, I didn’t eliminate anything though). The key is not to eat processed food.
  2. Use soolantra once a day at night before going to bed
  3. Wash my face only twice with just water and moisturise with homemade olive oil based cold cream

My skin got better after few months of this regime. Well the oozing still happened, but a lot less badly and frequently, like once every 6 months. So was okay to me and stopped using soolantra on daily basis but only when the oozing appears.

Sadly, my current situation is really bad again. So I started yesterday with the soolantra again… I am so tired of all of this situation!
So depressed the cure can’t provide permanent results.

Hi @One345, good to hear from you again!

Getting oozing once every 6 months sounds like a great improvement to me.
But unfortunately, there are not much reports on this forum about long term results after stopping with Soolantra.

You could give Sudocrem a try, after the face is cleared with Soolantra. I used it about 3 years ago for a few days, and still haven’t got oozing lesions since then. (But Sudocrem is a difficult product to use.) I do get some kind of acne sometimes, which looks like the lesions without oozing. These non-oozing lesions can be cleared on my skin with regular usage of benzyl peroxide.

Ok thank you very much. Once I clear up my face again with soolantra I will give sudocrem a try! What do you mean by “difficult product”? I search it and it claims to be a cream used to heal baby’s skin. Is it correct? I think I will buy it on Amazon.

Sudocrem is a brand. It’s available in Canada and a number of European countries, but not in the US. (Maybe it is via eBay.) Sudocrem contains zinc zoxide as main ingredient, but also some other ingredients. It’s unclear which ingredient is responsible for the possitive effects. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudocrem

Ingredient % (w/w) properties
Excipients 79.2% water-repellent base
Zinc oxide, EP 15.25% astringent, soothing, protective
Lanolin (hypoallergenic) 4.00% emollient
Benzyl benzoate, BP 1.01% pesticide
Benzyl alcohol, BP 0.39% mild anesthetic, disinfectant
Benzyl cinnamate 0.15% antibacterial, antifungal

I did use another zinc oxide product in the past, but didn’t noticed improvements. But I didn’t use it as extensively as I did with Sudocrem. But if possible, it is probably the safest to stick with Sudocrem, because ingredients can differ.

It’s often used as skin product for baby’s to treat nappy rash.

But for the face, it’s a difficult product, because:

• it’s very visible to other people when you use it with the amounts that I used, so you have to stay at home or use it in the evening.
  • it’s difficult to wash of the face. So you have to use a facial cleanser, or as recommended by @DubTyp an oil cleanser.
  • My skin gets irritated after some time when using it. Some area’s get a bit red, and gives an irritated feeling. It can also clog pores and cause acne.

Here’s some more info about Sudocrem: Sudocrem saved me!

I am new here. After suffering for 20 years with these yellow crusty lesions, I finally have relief with Soolantra. I started it a week ago and my face is clearing. I have dry eye disease. While researching Demodex and DED I happened upon facial lesions from a Demodex infestation. I quickly asked my Derm to rx it for me. We have tried everything else over the years so she gladly wrote the script. I am grateful to have found this site and appreciate al of your stories.

3 Likes

I just want to thank the founders of this website. Soolantra worked for me too, I’m very grateful!

3 Likes

@Tso your Journey seems like really the same as mine! A Lot of doctors, a Lot of treatments, a Lot of failure! I found some Pictures from you with yellow crusts (here in the picture thread).What does it look like? (photos) - #8 by Tso
That seems exactly like the same symptomes on my skin.

I try top define it in three stages.
Level 1: 1 or 2 spots with yellow crusts
https://oozingyellowcrusts.com/uploads/default/original/1X/1aa5b1df07f8cf9f341e739f6c9353253d7666eb.jpg

Level 2: mir then 2 spots in different face areas
Like thus Photos What does it look like? (photos) - #23 by Isitapimple

Level 3: superinfection over the hole face
Its hard to find such pictures, often too painful take photos of that, I guess.

Afer over 10 years suffering with yellow crusts between Level 1 an 2, I Go more an more over to Level 3. In this year 2023 I already had 3!!! Superinfections.

Happy to find some other people with the Same Problem.

Actually I try soolantra for 7 days. Unfortunatelly I have some first bad reactions after 2 or 3 days. Little red spots raise to big spots with yellow crusts which dont really heal. After applying soolantra before ging to bed, I have to apply some moisturizer, because my skin is generally very dry.

So do you have a picture collection along the soolantra Treatment. I actually take a picture of my face everday day. I don’t really See some improvements, so I have just hope from you other guys, that soolantra need time for a about 1,2 maybe 3 weeks. Based on my skin conditon its really hard to believe that Happy Ende.

If I see a picture Story during the First two weeks of soolantra with quite same Bad reactions IT would give me some hope. I hope you know what I mean - sorry for my english.

Hi Toni, I also get to Level 3 if I don’t treat it with Elidel (or Cortison).

In general it doesn’t seem to heal for me, it only gets worse if untreated.

I got level 3 so bad, that half of my face was “open” and oozing. The oozing dots connect to bigger areas that are oozing. Also I get oozing dots on my body too.

If I stay longer on Elidel (Face) and use Cortison (Body) on the first sight, it gets better but if I stop treatment it returns after 1 week.

The worse the face, the worse the body.

Have yet to try Soolantra (seeing my derm tomorrow).

I had to use Soolantra for about 9 weeks for the lesions to go away. First few weeks things may even seem to worsen. Mine changed in nature. But you may also notice an improvement even earlier. Everyone is different but soolantra does eventually seem to be successful for this condition as many will attest to.

Using Soolantra now for over a week my face overall got worse but it’s more acne like, not oozing yellow crusts anymore.

I combine it with Elidel around my nose, because this area seems to be my main weak spot (angry skin starts there). So because of Elidel the skin is pretty good there but worsens to the side of my head.

Are you still using Soolantra nowadays?

I used it for years because I was afraid the lesions might come back but I have stopped using it for months a few times. The first time some lesions started to appear after about 2-3 months so I started the soolantra again. Then I used for a few more years. I stopped again at the end of last year. About 3 months later I developed what seemed like angular cheilitis and a small spot of dermatitis near the corner of my mouth so I started soolantra again. Everything improved again. I stopped soolantra again at the end of July. Everything seems fine at the moment. Let’s see if I make it past the 3 month point. The angular cheilitis may have been to do with shaving too close too often as that has caused me to develop ingrown hair and infection issues before.

2 Likes

By the way, my story is documented on this site. @Tso started this site shortly after finding some pictures I posted on a rosacea forum about 7-8 years ago (I think). @misfit108 , @Tso and I were early collaborators. So many people have been helped with soolantra (brand name is Rosiver in Canada) via this site. The active ingredient in soolantra is ivermectin which has previously been used to treat parasites in horses. If I were you I’d persevere with the soolantra for a good 12 weeks. Please keep checking in with updates. It’s great to know how people are getting on. Don’t let this get you down as I’m pretty sure you’ll see some good results. It really changed things for me. @Tso has helped scores of people by doing this and spending time providing information. He is a legend!!! Thanks for everything you’ve done @Tso !!!

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll definitely continue. Are you more clear about how it works? @Tso had the thesis that it might be not the demodex killing that helps but rather blocking IL receptors.

Sorry but I don’t know for sure. I have always assumed the issue is caused by demodex mite blocking the pores and causing infection. Do you have dry skin? Many have noticed how the quality of their skin improves when they use Soolantra. They notice that their skin is less dry. My skin used to be extremely dry and used to sting when I exercised and sweated. That all changed after I had used Soolantra for some time. Now I use moisturizer very sparingly and don’t have much dryness. Soolantra also cured my dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. This was probably also caused by mites. I even went on a 7 day backpacking trip this August, just washing in lakes and not using soap or moisturizer. Everything was fine. When I started on Soolantra for the first time, back at the start of 2016, it took about 7 weeks for things to calm down. Initially the lesions got bigger but they stopped oozing. I think this was die-off of the mites that had buried deep into the pores. That was when I knew I was onto something. Take a look under the main topic way back in January 2016.

From March 2016: “I’ve taken the leap and started on Rosiver cream on March 15th. Rosiver is the brand name for Soolantra here in Canada. It cost $200. I apply just before bed after showing. In the morning I am applying the TTO mixture after washing again. For the first few days there was no noticeable change and my skin was great. I only had 4 or 5 tiny bumps. My skin has deteriorated yesterday and today (day 8 and 9) with more pustules. I count about 18 pustules. I have 6 larger pustules. The rest aren’t significant. The nature of the pustules has changed. They itch more and are a little larger but don’t really ooze. I’m sticking with it because something is changing and I think it is die off. I’ll keep you updated on progress. Still hopeful that this treatment will work for me.”

Hi there, you absolutely can beat this thing. Mine lasted 20+ years. With TSO and COL, we found various strategies. Some stuff worked for them that didn’t work for me; and vice versa. I actually don’t use Soolantra anymore. I control my problem with diet. One thing I’ll highly advise is not to use tea tree oil. I’m not saying it’s the cause, but cut it out for two weeks and see how your skin reacts without it. My skin got better when I completely cut out all fruit, chocolate, nuts. I only drink water or tea. No caffeine, soda. I don’t eat sugary things at all. Keep posting; we’ll get you to the promised land of clear skin!

1 Like

Thank you, I don’t have very try skin, I guess it tends to being more dry-ish but until last year (2022) I had no skin issues at all. It started with the covid vaccinations. Nowadays I also see the oozing coming back faster (& more) when I have a cold (non-covid but I’d expect it would be the same with covid).

So it’s most likely immune system related for me. Maybe the demodex is just using this weakness and therefore I get this oozing. However I also have oozing dots on my body and back of my head which I didn’t see anyone else here have. The body dots don’t ooze that much though and they don’t spread as fast as the dots on the head.

For me all the dots don’t go away on their own, not in my face, nor body (also a distinction to others here).

However Soolantra seems to work for me as well in the face. I have a lot more dots now that look like acne but they don’t ooze (yet at least). I’ll definitely stick to it.

I am just not sure if I should apply Soolantra on my body as well (which would be expensive af, given that I should do this for several months :wink: )

Do you have any experience whether your partner should also do a therapy, so you don’t get it transfered again?

I also experimented with diet a lot, also did a rice only diet for 8 days. While a strict healthy diet (TCM like) with intermittent fasting and cold showers (Wim Hof) tend to make it better, it’s not the sole cure for me. E.g. if I get a cold I get lessions no matter how good I eat.

I am not using tea tree oil, however I read that it’s also effective in combating Demodex - whats the reason that you discourage the use of it? (I didn’t try it but thought maybe for eyelids as suggested by a study I read)